Brother Bill Nuzzi of Mt. Dora Lodge is asking the district to get behind this.
Amanda Stack has been diagnosed with Cervical and Lung Cancer.
Amanda has expressed wanting a play area for her children and a trimmed up/spruced up yard.
The plan is to show up en masse at their house on Saturday, August 29th and FIX THEIR YARD. Their address is 15044 Dry Run, Tavares, FL 32778.
We will start at 8:30 and work until about noon.
The morning should include:
· Pressure washing driveway, etc (so will need people to bring pressure washers
· Pressure washing the house (if someone is skilled enough with a pressure washer)
· Putting together a swing set
· Laying mulch (lots of it!!!!) (additional red mulch will be needed if you have a connection or want to bring some bags) in the play area, around the house and in the foliage areas
· Re-doing the path from the street to the front door/ Lanai cleanup
· Dragging some things out of the yard (deck needs to come out)
· Driving to the dump
· Tree trimming/brush trimming
So, if you can, show up ready to work with whatever equipment you have to help (shovels, rakes, wheel-barrows, tree trimming stuff, chainsaws, pressure washers and whatever you can think of). Please also dress appropriately for yard work (closed toed shoes, gloves, bug spray etc). There is some poison ivy that has been treated, but please be aware. We will do this rain or shine.
If you have any ideas, this is a work in progress, so please let us know, or just bring whatever it is with you. We just want to make it great for the family. We all know Amanda really likes whimsical decorations (shiny things hanging from trees).
Thank you to the people who have already agreed to donate (mulch, railroad ties, poison ivy spraying)
E-mail Bill Nuzzi if you think you can make it (and please bring others with you) and let us know what equipment you think you will be bringing:
His e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org